Friday, June 26, 2009

Week # 6 Eureka Moment

My Eureka moment took place today. I went to visit a cousin of mine who has 2 roomies and they are both male. She has always complained to me about her roommates being messy and annoying but I never knew they were male. She forgot to mention this little part. She says they eat, and leave dishes in the sink. And of course its her food they are eating in those dishes. I always told her to ignore her roommates and to tidy up because she doesnt want to deal with rodents and bugs in her home. When I went to visit, and realized they were males, my whole outlook on the situation changed. I felt like they knew she would clean it up or expected her to clean it up because she was a female. They would even ask her to get them stuff from the fridge. I do not know if this is because of ehr personality type, or if these are men with the mindset of cavemen who feel like women are to be subservient to them. What do you think? Did my cousin allow this to happen? Should she continue to tidy up after them because after all it is her home also?

No comments:

Post a Comment