Friday, June 12, 2009

Week #4 Eureka Moment

My Eureka moment dealt with my partner and I having a discussion about this class. I was telling him about cross sex friendships and he looked confused. Not too long ago, we had a discussion about staying friends with out exes and I mentioned to him that I did not like the idea at all because you cant go from a romantic relationship to platonic friendship. This is somebody you dated and will always have feelings for, and if you are no longer in a relationship with the person, what is the point of holding on especially if you are in a committed relationship now? He disagreed and it became a huge dispute between us but eventually he saw the light after reading the Wood text. Am I being unreasonable? Is it ok to keep friendships with exes? And does it make a difference if you are in a committed relationship? If you do keep these friendships with exes, do they negatively affect your current relationship?

No comments:

Post a Comment